Kylie Valentine has identified nine key benefits of choosing home-based care for your child or children.
- Small group size with a maximum of four children under six, never more than two children under two years.
- Individual educational programmes are developed for each child.
- Children can develop a relationship with one significant other which is particularly beneficial for children under two.
- Family activities such as shopping, library visits, and trips to the park provide valuable learning experiences for children.
- The child’s own routines are able to be carried out in the educator’s home.
- Education and care is provided in a calm and familiar environment allowing children to build trust.
- Flexibility of hours—care can be arranged to suit parent’s needs.
- Regular visits from co-ordinators to support the carer, child and family.
- WINZ subsidies are available to those who are eligible.
To read more visit https://www.kiwifamilies.co.nz/articles/home-based-care/